Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Trendy Tuesday-How It All Comes Back To Scrapbooking

In the nearly 16 years I have been scrapbooking, I have seen trends come and go, and have started to realize that fashion is cyclical, and that the same applies to trends in scrapbooking. What's old becomes new once again...for example, gold. It has waxed and waned in popularity, but this year, we have seen a lot of it in all areas of design.

Home Decor:
(photo from For Chic's Sake)



(photo from Centsational Girl)
Weddings/Wedding Cakes:




(Photos from Bespoke-Bride)

(photo from Belle The Magazine )


And in fashion:

(from Style Bistro-lots of great runway photos here!)



I have seen these trends show up in the scrapbook world, as well. We have seen gorgeous golden products from Heidi Swapp:




Teresa Collins has this gorgeous Studio Gold line, partenered with We R Memory Keepers for some fabulous albums:

Shimelle's new line has gold touches, in the paper and Thickers:






There are really too many to name! One of my favorite scrapbooking lines this past year was the Maggie Holmes Flea Market collection, and it has lots of lovely golden touches in it.


Including this beautiful piece of gold doily vellum:



Here are a few of the pages I have made incorporating gold in the past year:











You will see, if you look closely, that I have incorporated gold into all of these pages, although mostly in small doses, such as mist or 1-3 accents. It can be overwhelming if you overdo it! I love to mix it with creams and corals especially, and I find myself drawn to it at the end of the summer/beginning of fall, especially. I feel it complements and ties into fall decor beautifully, with the rich rusts, burgundys, oranges, and deep plums. What do you think? Do you like the gold trend? Or are you over gold?

2 comments:

  1. SO gorgeous! LOVING all the gold accents you added!! Leads to the age old question ... does life imitate art, or does art imitate life??? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!