Friday, April 24, 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April Member's blog hop

Welcome to the April edition of the Counterfeit Kit challenge member blog hop!Today, I am sharing my project for

Challenge #3:  Spring Inspired:  Let Spring help inspire your next project!

Technically, this was supposed to be my challenge for the reveal on the CKCB blog, but the timing just didn't work out for me this month. So, I figured that the blog hop would be the ideal place to share it. 
When I saw the challenge was to be inspired by spring, I went over what excites me about spring in my head. I came up with lights, flowers, field trips...I took the only floral paper that was in my kit, and some photos from last year's class field trip with the twins. I still am feeling inspired by Wilna and her videos, so I embraced the artsy, whimsical elements, and mounted part of the title on a swipe of the orange paint from my kit, and painted a journaling spot, as well. I used several embellishment clusters on the page, so I was able to incorporate a few of the vellum pieces, a chalkboard journaling spot, some buttons, brads, and sparkly bits. I anchored the whole page with a strip of patterned paper, and some of the silver glitter tape.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed today's page, be sure to visit all of the members on the hop for a look at what everyone has been making with their kits this month-you are sure to be inspired!

Margie   http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com *YOU ARE HERE*
Maggie   http://maggiebscrapblog.blogspot.fr *GO HERE NEXT*

11 comments:

  1. Hi Margie, just popped over to check out your blog hop post, great LO. Really like the zingy colours, embellies and layers, great back story, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effects of the paint here - and the reminder that I still have a bit of that Kioshi paper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used paint on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun layout the girls look like they had lots of fun! I love the use of the paint and will have to remember that such a good idea for journaling spot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your painted title & journaling spots - I never think to do that!
    Your vellum pieces in the clusters look really great with the translucent element added to your page.
    Had to laugh at the journaling bit about not knowing they were learning Science :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice layout. Love the colors. Great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paint really makes your title and journaling stand out - will have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspired use of paint to give your title and journaling a place to rest. I am loving the vellum I've cut for my kit, and I love how you've used yours on this page

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've reminded me that I used to do that colour swipe technique from time to time but haven't done it for ages! looks great. you are really on a Wilna roll, aren't you?!?! Great stuff. Glad to have you in the hop this month

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page. Love the colors! But, my favorite parts are the vellum touches and title work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!